Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1 vs M2 differences?

EmanP

So if one was looking for a Benelli, what are the attributes of each? The M2's are more expensive and they have that new recoil control stock but the M1's can be found on the used market for 2/3rds the cost. Is there enough of a difference to make up for that cost?

I first bought an M1 with a 24" barrel. I then found a decent deal in tbe classifieds on an M2 with a 21" barrel. I like the 21" barrel more than the 24" but other than that I like them equally. If you get an M1 you will be more than happy.

Edited by jtischauser

M2 has about 25% less muzzle flip & recoil.

I have a limbsaver on mine. Some of that recoil reduction may be coming from the longer forcing cone on the M2? I guess I have never had both the M1 and M2 at the range at the same time to run tehm side-by-side. I will do that soon.

Edited by jtischauser

It's not the recoil pad entirly, the rubber arrow headed into the stock allowes it to flex & eleminate muzzle rise. I had a limbsaver on my old M1 and the M2 is way better.

Agreed. I borrowed an M1 when my 1100 went down and the recoil was sharper than my 1100. The recoil of the M1 was also not easy for me to recover from. It felt very snappy and inconsistent. I have since shot the M2 and it still moves pretty good, but you can really feel that flex in the stock and it makes my sight recovery much more consistent than both the M1 and 1100... and the FN for that matter. Considering the M2 is probably the lightest quality shotgun out there, it still has the most controllable recoil impulse for me. I would spend a little more and get the M2. You certainly will never regret spending the money. I currently shoot the FN and love it as it was a major upgrade from the 1100, but inside, I am lusting after my buddy's M2.

It's not the recoil pad entirly, the rubber arrow headed into the stock allowes it to flex & eleminate muzzle rise. I had a limbsaver on my old M1 and the M2 is way better.

I am lusting after my buddy's M2.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Benelli. You should get your own now instead of living in sin ;)

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Benelli. You should get your own now instead of living in sin ;)

Agreed! After fingering the trigger and stuffing the tube of another man's Benelli... how could you ever look at your FN the same...

Agreed! After fingering the trigger and stuffing the tube of another man's Benelli... how could you ever look at your FN the same...

I don't look at my FN the same. I criticize it constantly and sometimes it "falls down the stairs", all the while my thoughts are with another... my soulmate. On the other hand, my FN lets me watch hockey and pops zits on my back, so I should really quit my cheating ways and appreciate her more. Maybe a warm powdered graphite bath tonight...