Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Holsters

• 3 months later...

You would probably want a 6" standard dustcover holster to start with (unless you have a heavy dustcover open gun). I run a Bedell Shorty, and needed to bend the bottom of the holster straight (as the comp was about 1/4" too long). If you have a longer gun, it would just hang out a little bit.

If you are in no hurry, the nice folks at Bladetech have offered to mold a holster to my gun for me (no doubt embarrassed by my near-distruction of a DOH). I would assume they would do the same for you, but you would have to send them your gun.

Alex

• 10 months later...
Any updates? In looking at the Bladetech website, the 6" with short dustcover seems to be the way to go.

Rich

Hey Rich,

A 6" short DC will work fine, you're going to be cutting some away and heating and mashing the gun in there to reshape it anyway so the DC area is not a critical as the length. I did mine for Spanky with the SV carbon mount and its very secure and fast to draw. It worked great at the Ironman even with the slide racker on. I didn't use the drop & offset bracket for that match, I had it high and tight for the movement in that match. I used it for a couple regular pistol matches with a drop and offset bracket and its a good a race holster. Its not pretty but it works.