Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Shooter from N. VA

oxohhotxo

Hey everyone - my name is Amie, and I live Northern VA. I had my first USPSA match a few weeks ago in St. Charles Maryland, and it was a blast! I am a beginner to the sport, and respect it thoroughly - the people are great, and very welcoming. There were only 2 women there - and I have to admit I was NERVOUS! But, I went ahead and shot the match, and had so much fun. I am still in the process of trying to find the right gun for me - and I think I am going to wait for the Glock 19 Gen 4. The first gun I shot was a Sig 225 and loved it, but.. went to the Glock for consistency of the single action shot. Thinking I'll stick to the Glock, any suggestions?

Thank you!

:cheers:

Amie

Welcome! Buying guns is like buying parachutes. Basically you want to demo as much as you can before you make a final decision. I would say to try out a Glock 34. Also with the Glock you can modify the crap out of them with parts from GlockWorx. Good luck with your search and let us know what you end up getting. :cheers:

Hello Amie! I am new to VA and am in the Norfolk area. I am looking for places to shoot matches. What groups are you shooting with? I am not sure of where you are, but so far I am not successful in locating something close to me. Any help would be great!

Hey everyone - my name is Amie, and I live Northern VA. I had my first USPSA match a few weeks ago in St. Charles Maryland, and it was a blast! I am a beginner to the sport, and respect it thoroughly - the people are great, and very welcoming. There were only 2 women there - and I have to admit I was NERVOUS! But, I went ahead and shot the match, and had so much fun. I am still in the process of trying to find the right gun for me - and I think I am going to wait for the Glock 19 Gen 4. The first gun I shot was a Sig 225 and loved it, but.. went to the Glock for consistency of the single action shot. Thinking I'll stick to the Glock, any suggestions?

Thank you!

Amie

You're going to be in Fredericksburg on Sunday right?

Hello Amie! I am new to VA and am in the Norfolk area. I am looking for places to shoot matches. What groups are you shooting with? I am not sure of where you are, but so far I am not successful in locating something close to me. Any help would be great!

Hey...I am up near DC in Woodbridge VA, the only match I have shot was in St. Charles MD. (USPSA)I mapquested Norfolk to St. Charles and it was relativley 3 hours. I know there matches in Fredericksburg VA - that would be around 2 hours. I haven't been to the Fredericksburg matches, but I hear they are fun. Hope you find something you can get to without driving so far!

Amie

Thank you!

Amie

You're going to be in Fredericksburg on Sunday right?

No, I heard about it a few days ago. I'm actually going up to PA for SAR east this weekend. Hopefully I'll get to go to the next one.