Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BBI's not shooting in my Glock?

goosedowner

I loaded up some BBI 147gr's for a club shoot a few weeks ago and ran them through my CZ 75 SA. I was impressed with the recoil and accuracy of the load so when I got my new gen 4 G17 yesterday I was anxious to run a mag or two of the reloads through it. I Was disappointed in the fact that most of the rounds had to be hand cycled through the gun. The bullet nose seemed to dive into the feed ramp or only feed part way into the chamber, when this would happen I had to drop the mag down a bit and tap the rear of the slide. I like the accuracy of the load in the G17 as well and what few double taps I did manage to shoot the front sight didn't hardly move at all. Just so you know the gun ran flawless with factory ammo.

Here's what was in my load.

3.8gr of WSF

BBI 147gr

OAL 1.138-1.140

Any ideas on how to make my glock shoot the bullet and powder?

Thanks

Lee

Sounds like they are just a little to long for the glock mag. Flat point bullets usually have to be just a little shorter than round nose bullets in over all length to allow for the more square profile of the point.

I loaded up some BBI 147gr's for a club shoot a few weeks ago and ran them through my CZ 75 SA. I was impressed with the recoil and accuracy of the load so when I got my new gen 4 G17 yesterday I was anxious to run a mag or two of the reloads through it. I Was disappointed in the fact that most of the rounds had to be hand cycled through the gun. The bullet nose seemed to dive into the feed ramp or only feed part way into the chamber, when this would happen I had to drop the mag down a bit and tap the rear of the slide. I like the accuracy of the load in the G17 as well and what few double taps I did manage to shoot the front sight didn't hardly move at all. Just so you know the gun ran flawless with factory ammo.

Here's what was in my load.

3.8gr of WSF

BBI 147gr

OAL 1.138-1.140

Any ideas on how to make my glock shoot the bullet and powder?

Thanks

Lee

Try loading rounds a tad shorter. Sometimes the shape of a particuliar bullet will cause your problem and just requires a tad shorter OAL. Be mindful of the pressure increase with a shorter OAL and you might be able to use less powder to acheive the same PF.

Just this weekend I experienced feeding issues with my 1911. I was using the BBI 147 gr bullet over 4.0 grains of WSF and was loading 1.125 to 1.127 OAL. Changed to 1.115-1.117 and the problem is gone. I plan on experimenting with a 1.120 OAL over the next few weeks.