Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Mag Pouches?

Fishin6061

I am looking for some new mag pouches for man on man steel/limited shooting and would like some input on what is best concerning adjustability and overall performance. I am looking at the CR Speed Versa, Limcat Transformer,double alpha, and Blade-Tech Bobby McGee Pro Series. I am using M&P mags with TF base-pads. Thanks.

Edited by Fishin6061

I have not had luck with the Bobby M pro from Bladetech. the adjustment's stripped and flattened out once you got it to where it would hold. I like the CR Speed Versa with a soft side of velcro on the STI insert. Holds the mag well, but doesnt impede removal. My experience is with M&P Mags.

If you're right handed, no problems with CR speed. You might want to look at Safariland 773's, I think the adjustment is a lot more solid than the CR's. Can't recommend the CR's if you're left handed though...they unscrew themselves.

I setup my wife's M&P rig with CR Speeds and had to put a washer behind the STI spacer. Works pretty well, and the tension adjustment is still completely usable.

Mac

I used to have an M&P 9 Pro and had to do the same with the CR Speed which was kind of annoying but they worked. Actually I used a rubber washer and a fiberous washer combo from those bins of weird washers and stuff at Ace hardware. I also have a set of Bladetech Bobby whatever pouches for my G34. I like the CR Speed better because they are easier to adjust and hold the mags very lightly for easy removal. I use the Bladetechs for 3 gun as they hold the mags firmer and can really be clamped down tight. I think the CR speed are faster but you do have to install a washer or something to make them fit the M&P mags.

I have the Safarilands and a Limcat. The Limcat has fantastic adjustment, but the insert doesn't hold the mag securely anymore. The safarilands lack the adjustment away from the body I'm looking for.

I think the double alphas are next on my list to try.