Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

lightened Strikers

Lawdawg112

I just purchased a Jaeger lightened striker with extended tip for my G34.

I put it into my setup which is currently the glockworx 3 spring competition kit, glockworx titanium plunger, ghost rocket 3.5 with overtravel stop, factory striker and a polish job. This yielded around a 2.75 lb pull which I have been using for the last two years with no problems.

I put the jaeger in with the 4lb wolff striker spring that it came with. The gun would not release the striker 100% of the time when the trigger was pulled, which kind of related I think to the Ghost rocket being trimmed to go with the other spring and striker.

I then tried the first setup listed with the Jaeger striker and the glockworx striker spring. This ended up at about a 2.75 lb pull and it made the break in the trigger seem a lot softer than it was for my original setup. I took it to the range and fired 150 115's, 124's and 147's that were Winchester and Federal. They all fired with no problems and I really liked the softer trigger break, I think it will help out my split times a little bit.

I also tried the Jaeger striker with the V2 glockworx connector. It yielded about a 2.5 lb trigger, but it was really soft all the way through and the reset was poor without the Ghost's overtravel stop.

I also weighed both strikers if anyone is interested.

Factory striker = .26 oz

Jaeger lightened striker = .15 oz

FYI

Rob

Lightening the firing pin spring DOES make a lot of difference in the trigger pull. In order to sure of reliability the FP should be lightened. I cut 7 coils off the OEM FPS and lighten the OEM FP.

Cut 7 coils off the OEM FPS spring how long is it now 1/4 inch.

My G34 is right at the maximum Production weight limit...I think I've just found the answer to .11 oz. of safety margin.

Been meaning to find out how much these strikers weighed. Appreciate the info.

:cheers:

Curtis