Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS vs STI quality comparison

fritzthemoose

I recently got a new open based on mainly SPS parts. The only exception is the barrel which is from Nolin. The gun is not directly from SPS but from a guy who knows exactly what he is doing when tuning a gun.

Anyway, for me there are no visible differences to an STI also nothing I could feel. If STI parts last longer on the long run I dont know yet. As said next to each other I cannot see or feel any difference.

For someone outside of the US the SPS is the better choice I guess. With the state department working hard on making exporting gunparts out of the US as impossible as possible SPS simply provides a more reliable supply. That they are much much cheaper helps too I guess lol

The SPS comp has more chambers than the STI one. However, I

if that makes a big difference I doubth tho. But somehow it looks cooler :roflol:

You dont need a magwell as the magwell is already included in the frame. So makes it cheaper but then again you cannot get the one you want and the SPS one is rather on the small side.

SPS offers a factory made hybrid version which is defenitely an advantage over STI. I dont have the hybrid one but I will get some holes drilled after easter.

I think you cannot use a recoilmaster with the SPS. Thats an disadvantage I guess. On the other hand I dont have any problems as I have a Nolin barrel.

SPS uses 5.5 inch barrels compared to the 5 inch ones from STI so the gun is much longer also due to the longer comp.

I recently got a new open based on mainly SPS parts. The only exception is the barrel which is from Nolin. The gun is not directly from SPS but from a guy who knows exactly what he is doing when tuning a gun.

Anyway, for me there are no visible differences to an STI also nothing I could feel. If STI parts last longer on the long run I dont know yet. As said next to each other I cannot see or feel any difference.

For someone outside of the US the SPS is the better choice I guess. With the state department working hard on making exporting gunparts out of the US as impossible as possible SPS simply provides a more reliable supply. That they are much much cheaper helps too I guess lol

The SPS comp has more chambers than the STI one. However, I

if that makes a big difference I doubth tho. But somehow it looks cooler :roflol:

You dont need a magwell as the magwell is already included in the frame. So makes it cheaper but then again you cannot get the one you want and the SPS one is rather on the small side.

SPS offers a factory made hybrid version which is defenitely an advantage over STI. I dont have the hybrid one but I will get some holes drilled after easter.

I think you cannot use a recoilmaster with the SPS. Thats an disadvantage I guess. On the other hand I dont have any problems as I have a Nolin barrel.

SPS uses 5.5 inch barrels compared to the 5 inch ones from STI so the gun is much longer also due to the longer comp.

This thread is worthless without PIX's :devil:

ok Dumb question of the day,,SPS??? Thanks B

Spanish company that makes 2011 guns and parts. Parts are supposingly for the most part exchangable with STI. At those matches I am attending it has at least the market share of STI if not more. Parts are cheaper but as said no felt or seen difference in quality. Also much easier to get parts at least here in Europe. I can also order the parts myself from them directly. With STI I am forced to buy from one of few distributors in Europe where parts are 3 to 4 times the price than in the US.

Spanish company that makes 2011 guns and parts. Parts are supposingly for the most part exchangable with STI. At those matches I am attending it has at least the market share of STI if not more. Parts are cheaper but as said no felt or seen difference in quality. Also much easier to get parts at least here in Europe. I can also order the parts myself from them directly. With STI I am forced to buy from one of few distributors in Europe where parts are 3 to 4 times the price than in the US.

STI has loyalty here in the US and parts are easy for us to get. One thing that is a constant problem for SPS is quality. There are some pics and discussion floating around showing the difference and they are pretty obvious from what I have seen. We heard alot of reports of the parts being inferior and breakage occuring often. This was all 2nd hand and could be nothing more than internet rumors. You said where you shoot they have an equal market share compared to STI where you shoot so I would say you have alot more experience seeing what breaks and what doesn't.

Also wanted to say the pics I seen is when they first started. They may have some a long way since then.

Flyin

STI has loyalty here in the US and parts are easy for us to get. One thing that is a constant problem for SPS is quality. There are some pics and discussion floating around showing the difference and they are pretty obvious from what I have seen. We heard alot of reports of the parts being inferior and breakage occuring often. This was all 2nd hand and could be nothing more than internet rumors. You said where you shoot they have an equal market share compared to STI where you shoot so I would say you have alot more experience seeing what breaks and what doesn't.

Also wanted to say the pics I seen is when they first started. They may have some a long way since then.

Flyin

dont get me wrong, nothing against sti they are great guns and maybe they are even better than sps. its just that it is nearly impossible to get parts privatly from the US. not just for sti but any gunparts no matter what company. so you are forced to buy from a handful of distributors and with them the price is around 3 to 4 times the price of the US

a sti grandmaster will set you back 4290 euro. thats around 6000 US depending on the exchange rate. on top of that comes the fact that if you need parts and they are not on stock you are talking months to get them.

sps is a european company so getting parts is no issue

if sti parts last longer i honestly dont know maybe yes maybe no. but from just putting sti and sps next to each other, shooting them and so on the difference is marginal at best.

here also top squad shooter are using sps. gaby kraushofer for example is shooting sps and she was world champion in open a couple of years back. came in second last year in bali

If I were in your position I would buy what was available. It parts cost 3 or 4 times and it takes that long to get them your left with little choice. I did a search and the SPS look pretty nice compared to what they did before. I also did a search and found several forums that talked about quality.

Flyin

Think of it as the 'chinese" STI. Its an offshore company making a copy and can't sell in US because of patent protection.

just saw that they do have a distributor in the US

For guns or parts??

Flyin

Think of it as the 'chinese" STI. Its an offshore company making a copy and can't sell in US because of patent protection.

just saw that they do have a distributor in the US

For guns or parts??

Flyin

dont know sps has a distributor in the US listed on their webpage

Looks like that's a Canadian company, and the only thing they've even got listed, though not for sale, is the mags. I think DocterUSA used to import the mags, too. There'd definitely be patent infringement issues, though that might all go away in 2012.

I recently heard that SPS no longer offer anything else besides grips and mags.

No more pistols or parts.

Heard it at the IWA show in Germany (The European shotshow).

i was in contact with them and they did not mention anything like it. they also still have guns in their online store

I would call it spanish STI :rolleyes:

a spanish piece of Sh!t

I would call it spanish STI :rolleyes:

a spanish piece of Sh!t

no thats a very well founded and supported point of view and so eloquantly put