Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Ice Magwell

Corey

Any reason why the link above for the no-gap basepads aren't working? And I cant seem to find the DP basepads for CMC mags anywhere on the site either?

I made a mistake when I posted those links.

Here are the basepads and their part numbers for the CMC mags:

Standard Black 002-021

Standard Silver 002-022

No-Gap Black 002-023

No-Gap Silver 002-024

These items will be added to our web site soon.

I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.

-Chet

Any reason why the link above for the no-gap basepads aren't working? And I cant seem to find the DP basepads for CMC mags anywhere on the site either?

I made a mistake when I posted those links.

Here are the basepads and their part numbers for the CMC mags:

Standard Black 002-021

Standard Silver 002-022

No-Gap Black 002-023

No-Gap Silver 002-024

These items will be added to our web site soon.

I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.

-Chet

excellent! thank you very much. worst case scenario Ill call with part numbers. still trying to decide what I want to do exactly but your info has helped.

Hello: I finally had the chance to put the Dawson Ice no gap magwell on my new STI Spartan 9mm. I also installed the new Dawson base pads on the Tripp 10rd 9mm mags. This combo is not very good at all :devil: If you want very fast reloads and positive seating without hitting the ejector this is it. This is the best setup I have tried so far for a 1911. I have tried alot of the other magwells and base pads etc. This is it for me. The Dawson base pads for the Tripps also fit the 8rd Metalform Elite mags in 45acp. I will be adding one to my STI 1911 in 40 that I built. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I was wondering if the Dawson base pads for the Wilson ETM mags will fit the Wilson 47D's? They look like they will. I would like to install them on some 47D's with the no gap insert on my STI Spartan 45. Thanks, Eric

We now offer basepads for most popular 1911 mags. Standard replaces factory pad, except it is extended. No Gap works with DP 1911 Ice Magwell with No gap insert. Wilson 47D and Legendary magazine are the same. DP ETM basepads only work on ETM mags.

These are the part numbers for 47D mags.

002-021 or 002-022 for standard, 002-023 or 002-024 for no gap. All should fit boxes but check your pistol, as they have different dementions depending on sights ect...

Dave Dawson

P.S. Thanks for your support!

Edited by Dawson Marketing

Just installed some new Dawson base pads on some ETM mags with Ice magwell with gap.

Base pads are rock solid,nicely machined and great improvement to using standard base pads.

Only had one slight issue and it is with mag body, when sliding the base pad on it will not

engage with stop. There was a slight crown (.015"-.030") on the rear of mag tube (where it is welded together)

on about half of my magazines just used a file on this area and removed material.