Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Upgrading gear

STIGUY

Upgrading gear with

additional mags and new belt. Recently purchased Bolen guts to upgrade some existing tubes. Problems; Bolen pads do not seem to slide into the groove. Packaging indicates some tuning may be required? Does notean that I need

to thin the bott of the tubes? Additionally, I bought Bolen Springs and Followers....what's the trick to mate up the two? Followers do not seem to have a hole to lock into like the Grams. Finally, I order a DA belt 34" because the info on the dales description and this forum indicated that these were oversized. My experience is that this is BS in that the pry belt barely

has any overlap. So question...how much extra space is need for holster and 4 mag holders? How much overlap is to much? Based on my experience with

the 34" I think atleast 36 if not 38. Will too much belt be a disadvantage?

Hello: The belt should be at least 4" larger than your actual waist size. I have a 34" waist and use a 38" CR Speed belt. I have used a 40" belt before with no problems. The Bolen base pads may require you to take a little off the side flanges to fit. The Bolen follower and spring fit together in the small hole in the follower just like the Grams. Thanks, Eric