Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xl650

Thanks, to Brian and Dillon for taking the time to respond to my problems.

I really appreciate the after sales service and thoughtfulness!

And thanks again to ALL, as a result of your help, things are getting much better, still a problem here and there but not a nightmare.

Rick

This really is a great forum...you get responses from the trenches (all the high volume shooters)...responses from THE Brian Enos...and the good folks at Dillon even pop in the help out.

If it weren't for Brain and this Forum, I'd likely being shooting Blazer. Hell, I might not have learned how to (really) shoot at all without this place.

Thanks BE!!!

SJ,

Here are a couple of things to try. first, lightly grease the axle pin that goes down through the primer index arm and disc. Inspect the finger on the primer index arm, making sure it is straight where the return spring slides over it.

Regarding OAL variation, the most important adjustment is to make your die adjustments and tighten ALL die lock rings with a case in each station. This puts consistant upward pressure on the toolhead, and centers the dies in the threaded holes in the toolhead. Most OAl variation is due to variations in the bullets, especially jacketed FMJ projectiles. I have measured up to .026" variation in 9mm projectiles, caused because the diameter on the bullet where the seating stem contacts it varied up and down on the projectiles. this is far more common than most reloaders suspect.