Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 or Super black Eagle 2?

Stephan

Hi all,

I have question whether the M2 is better for hunting and clay shooting or is the SBE 2 better. If you think these guns are expensive in the States

you should see the prices in South Africa! You will pass out guaranteed! I do not want to make a hasty decision so I would love to hear from you guys

first. I do not want any other type of shotgun other than a Benelli. I have posted this question before in a South African forum and no one could help me due to the fact that the guns are so expensive and scarce.

Please help!!!

As far as I know the only real difference between the two is that the SBE II can shoot up to 3.5" shells and the M2 is limited to 3".

You are fast, I wait two days for a reply in S.A. Well thats not a major difference considering in S.A we don't really get 3.5" magnum shells.

Given the choice of those two-the M2 with a 21" barrel is it.

I think he is looking for one for hunting and clays. I would think a longer barrel is better for that....like 26-28"

Yes I would like to use it for dual purposes. Honestly speaking, my heart lies with the SBE2 and financially with the M2.I know that in the States Phil Robertson a.k.a "The Duck Commander" loves his SBE2 but if I want to buy one I have to pay full price. The gun is imported directly from Italy and the agent will only order the gun if I pay full price no re-fund if I don't like the gun, they don't keep stock. Do you guys now understand why I need to know specifics? I will not get the opportunity to shoot the gun before I buy it. I'am skrewed aren't I?

Yes- if it's just for hunting and clays, the longer barrel is the one. Since you were asking here, I thought you might want to do competition, too. Depends on what you are hunting-and how. The 21" field barrel is made for hunting in thick cover and stuff, but can handle anything really. If you are hunting getting in and out of a Jeep or moving through brush, that long gun gets tiresome. If I didn't have to be mobile while hunting and was just going to shoot clays in addition, I would get the new Vinci-I like it a lot.

I just bought M2 28" 7+1 last Monday, I break in using a box 36grm No.2 pellet. Then a box 32grm No 4. I have a box and half 24grm 7 1/2 trap catridge and my M2 eat it well, except in upside-down position. For 32grm, the gun can handle in any positions. I had shoot for about 300 rounds include a day hunting bird in a heavy rainy day and, the gun never jammed with 32grm and above shotshell. For even 24grm, M2 doesn't hang-out except upside-down position as I mentioned.

I love this gun very much! If you can't get 3.5" shell in your country as I am, M2 is the perfect choice. But if Vinci already enter in your country, try consider it, as Benelli claimed it a revolution, and seem very easy to clean it. In my country, Vinci will enter in this June, but I just fall in love with my M2.

Yes- if it's just for hunting and clays, the longer barrel is the one. Since you were asking here, I thought you might want to do competition, too. Depends on what you are hunting-and how. The 21" field barrel is made for hunting in thick cover and stuff, but can handle anything really. If you are hunting getting in and out of a Jeep or moving through brush, that long gun gets tiresome. If I didn't have to be mobile while hunting and was just going to shoot clays in addition, I would get the new Vinci-I like it a lot.

Thanks guys. I'am getting the feeling the M2 is the answer. I checked out the Vinci on Benelli USA and due to the fact that it is so new there are no mag extensions

available yet. For hunting doves you'll need extra shells, I use to shoot with my friends over and under and thats just plain annoying having to break and reload the gun the whole time.

Jadeslade, in South Africa if you shoot from a truck or Jeep the farm owner would probably ask you to leave. I just hope I can get the M2 with the longer field barrel.

• 4 months later...