Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R & R Targets Saiga Opinions / Reviews / Pictures

mrwhite1

How far are those poppers? What load and choke are you using?

On my 1100, I have a 22" barrel and use a Light Mod choke w/ 1200fps 7.5's for most shooting - sometimes heavy 6's or 4's for distance stuff.

What I'm struggling with is figuring out w/ the 4" shorter barrel whether I should shoot Lt Mod, shoot Mod, or leave it IC and count on hotter loads (planning on 1300fps Win AA's) to give me the same amount of force on target even if the spread is larger.

The poppers were at 25 yards. I was using Pheasant loads with 1 1/4 of #6 shot going 1330 fps I used an Improved modified choke.

Pat

The poppers were at 25 yards. I was using Pheasant loads with 1 1/4 of #6 shot going 1330 fps I used an Improved modified choke.

Pat

Keep in mind that according to USPSA rules steel should be calibrated with a 12gauge open cylinder 26 inch barrel using 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8oz 7.5 shot. With that being said also check you clubs rules on shot size. I am shooting a match coming up with the biggest shot allowed is 7.5, I wanted to get some number 6's for longer steel but since its going to be set according to USPSA rules I shouldnt need any.

Pat

Keep in mind that according to USPSA rules steel should be calibrated with a 12gauge open cylinder 26 inch barrel using 2 3/4 dram 1 1/8oz 7.5 shot. With that being said also check you clubs rules on shot size. I am shooting a match coming up with the biggest shot allowed is 7.5, I wanted to get some number 6's for longer steel but since its going to be set according to USPSA rules I shouldnt need any.

Thanks for letting me know about the rules. I did not know how steel was calibrated. This was not my match but it was fun. Some guys did have issues knocking the steel down. I always thought it was part of the game. (load selection and choke selection)

Pat

I know, I just received the same email today. Guess I'll have to make my last 50 rounds last!

Doug

Just FYI, Able's and Midway should both have them in stock now. My order from Able's is listed as "Shipped" so looks like it's for real this time :)

Pat

Thanks for letting me know about the rules. I did not know how steel was calibrated. This was not my match but it was fun. Some guys did have issues knocking the steel down. I always thought it was part of the game. (load selection and choke selection)

Pat

Also remember that calibration is supposed to be done from the closest possible engagement position, which might be pretty far from the position you really want to shoot the target from....