Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scored A P7/psp

Zak Smith

That is one sweet looking gun :wub: Congrats! I have the P7M13 version. These guns are so accurate it's scary. I got mine with a 5 shot 1" group on the test target at 25m.

The only weak point of this gun is the drop catch safety + spring. That means it's not wise to decock it alot, or to dryfire without snap caps.

Your guns seems to be in excellent condition, judging from the photo. It also doesn't seem to be a "refurb".

BTW, if you like this type of gun, check out www.parkcitiestactical.com Excellent P7 forum.

Nice gun!

The very first pistol I ever shot was a (now named) P7/PSP and I have a soft spot for them.

I've just bought a P7M8 (since the last time I tried they were not on the approved list in CA and now they are again, so I grabbed one before they change their mind again!).

They really are unique and people seem to either love them or hate them. I'm in the former camp :wub:

Kevin

Can you explain which parts comprise the weak point?

Zak, the parts that comprise the weak points are the drop safety catch (the small part that catches the firing pin when you decock it + the spring that moves it). The firing pin spring is strong, so when you decock it a lot, the firing pin will break the catch.

By decocking, you mean releasing the squeeze-cocker?

Yes, releasing the squeeze-cocker when the gun is cocked. The best way to decock this gun (when you're dry firing or so) is to pull the slide back about half an inch (you can actually feel the catch pull the firing pin) and then letting go of the squeeze-cocker and moving the slide back forward.

It's a shame H&K hasn't beefed up this little metal thingy. I broke the catch once and the spring twice, but...that was after lots of dryfire (I paid $90 for the catch an$7 for the springs :( )

OTOH, never (seriously..never!) had a jam. Accuracy is unbelievable (and not just "for a small gun". It's really amazing). They sit ultra low in your hand.

Too bad there's no IDPA in my country. Because reloading from slide-lock with P7's is very cool B)