Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue Big Butt

buckaroo45

I put a red dot on my 8 shot S&W 627 for steel plates, along with some other goodies. In particular, a Hogue Big Butt grip. I like it but in order to find the dot I have to grip it low, bottom of hand hard against the grip butt mushroom. I need to build up the area under the web of my hand to position it consistently. I also need it to help as a recoil reducer. 150 rounds and the web of my hand is pretty beat up. It needs to stay on solid and not fall off while shooting. I'd prefer not to booger up the grip. It cost $165. OK, now that you're handcuffed by the restrictions. Any ideas? :blink:

NRA

USPSA

US NAVY

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I have the Power thing down, it's the Speed and Accuracy that give me problems"

I got this one about 6 months ago. Go to http://www.hogueauction.com/ and keep watching. Took me about 3 months before mine came up. Supposed to be blem second but I have never found anything to prove it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.” -John Ruskin

Not much you can do without screwing up the finish / looks of a good grip. Did find a solution, tho. Found some palm padded weight lifter gloves at Wally World for about $12. Put a synthetic golf glove over it and it works just fine. Changed the angle of the grip in the direction I needed and tacky enough that it doesn't shift. Hope nobody lost sleep over it. :surprise: Thanks to all who pondered.

When you discover you're riding a dead horse the best strategy is to dismount!