Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the planned start/end times for those of us who may drive up from DFW for the day? After the less than steller showing in recent matches I either need to practice more, play more or sell the gear.

Just secured the kitchen pass so I will be up this month.

No real 3 Gun in DFW. There is a 2-4 times a year local match, but you have to shoot pistol with them for almost a year to qualify. Tac-Pro runs matches twice a year. Otherwise you go south of Ft Hood.

Ok. We are all set. 5 stages with approximate round counts being 80 rifle, 75 birdshot, 10 slugs (tight slug shots), 50 pistol and since we are using LPH scoring, 5 buckshot. 9 pellet 00 only. Low recoil or full power, your choice. There will be a sling required this time for rifle. Before all the questions come, it can be any kind of sling that will allow for safe transport of your rifle during a standard course of fire. You can use a 3 point that allows the rifle in front of you or a military style that goes over your shoulder, or anything in between. We will not be slinging a hot rifle, so muzzle position is moot. We are going to shoot a really fun deal with an activated star of no-shoots with shoot targets behind. Might want a bit tighter choke or hotter loads for that one. We always have tight rifle shots and this will be no different. Remember, we will reward accuracy at this match, so get that sight picture on every shot.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Heartland Outdoors may be there. They are shaping up to be a true supporter of 3-gun.

Mike

I am a noob with the buckshot. Recommend me some please.

In conjunction with my fiocchi low recoil slugs I plan to use fiocchi low recoil 00 buck. At this point in my short 3 gun career I am gonna use it simply because it's relatively cheap and cheaper than dirt sells it buy the case and the bigbrowntruck delivers it to Edmond in a day from TX.

I like fiocchi and federal low recoil. This match, the targets for buck will be relatively wide open. Can't say that for the next one. :)

Make sure you remember how to count as tere will be buck and slug on the same stage.

M

We are going to shoot a really fun deal with an activated star of no-shoots with shoot targets behind.

Make sure you remember how to count as tere will be buck and slug on the same stage.

Pure evil, but I like it.

Any thoughts on including the Pan American Postal Stages at some point?

Well my new shotgun (Mossy 935) came in and it has an overbored barrel that says "not for use with slugs".. So, I have to get a custom made barrel from Mossberg and I wont get it till April. Any chance I could just skip the slug targets and take the penalties? I really look foward to this three gun stuff, but it is taking more time than I hoped to get set up. Thanks

Well my new shotgun (Mossy 935) came in and it has an overbored barrel that says "not for use with slugs".. So, I have to get a custom made barrel from Mossberg and I wont get it till April. Any chance I could just skip the slug targets and take the penalties? I really look foward to this three gun stuff, but it is taking more time than I hoped to get set up. Thanks

Your welcome to shoot the slug stages with my gun. I don't think anyone will notice. ;)

Edited by jtischauser

We will work around it for sure! You better be there big guy! :)

m

We will work around it for sure! You better be there big guy! :)

m

Thanks Mike!! I will be there. I got a sitter and the day off!! I dont even get the day off for my match.

Well after talking to a mossberg product rep for 30 minutes yesterday, I found that low recoil slugs will not damage the barrel. He said that accuracy won't be very good though. I just went out and shot from 70 yards and can hit steel and got groups of 2-3 inches on a IPSC target. I think this barrel will do until I get the new one.