Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Sauer Tour?

This summer I'm going with my girlfriend to visit her family in Maine, but we're flying into Boston. I just realized after looking at the map that we're going to drive right past Exeter, NH, home of Sig Sauer. Does anyone know if they offer tours? I looked on their website but couldn't find anything. I even called customer service, but got no answer.

Would love to go to Springfield too and see S&W, so if anyone knows about them that would be great. Not sure if we are going to want to drive another 90 mins to Springfield though after driving back and forth from Boston to Portland, ME. But it's worth finding out now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been to both, however this was part of my traing / work related... They usually dont allow visitors onto the manufacturing floor unless you are LE. Even if you are LE they usually only do it for groups. For example say you attend an armourer course there, sometimes they let you see manufacturing process.

I can probably look through my hard drive backups of pictures I took. Sig is very impressive.. nothing but a sea of red CNC machines. After seeing all the machining that goes into them, there is no doubt the cost will be more... no forging here, just machining from solid ingets of steel / aluminum.

I went through Exeter last year on vacation. We stopped and went to the "training academy," where they told us there were no tours of the factory. I'm sure there are exceptions, but not for us.

I have been to the Springfield museum in Springfield MA. Worth seeing if you are in the area.

Edited by mjl