Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maku mozo! Feb, 26

Tangram

From Maku mozo! Feb 26, 2010

Life is like a maze of doors and they all open from the side you're on.

-Stevens

From Door in the Wall by Marguerite De Angel

"'Always remember that,' said the friar. 'Thou hast only to follow the wall far enough and there will be a door in it.'"

• 1 month later...

Maku mozo - I did not know what this meant.

I got home from work and it is running night. My wife and I got our gear, while the kids got helmets for riding bikes with us. It is quite a blustery day and cold, so I reached for one of the few long sleeves I have. It ends up being my shirt from a rifle match in 2008. I lock the door and start walking toward my wife. As I get closer, she puts her hand at my chest. She is pointing at the chinese characters on it. She mumbles (in chinese) and asks me where I got it. Note - I never wear my shooting shirts, except at a match, so she has probably never seen it. Well, I have had it for almost two years and even wore it during cold matches. Since she pointed it out I asked her, what does it mean. She told me "Do not daydream". I was like, really. she said in chinese that is what it literally means to her. She told me that japanese use some chinese characters and they may have a different meaning.

I feel pretty uneducated about what was on my shirt considering I even go to a forum with that title. I searched maku mozo and do not daydream in forums and did not easily see an explination for maku mozo.

This post is titled maku mozo so I thought I would put this here. just trying to absorb a few few things and not quite understanding them all, just like do not daydream. I daydream all the time.

post-14235-127268692649_thumb.jpg

Maku mozo - I did not know what this meant.

I got home from work and it is running night. My wife and I got our gear, while the kids got helmets for riding bikes with us. It is quite a blustery day and cold, so I reached for one of the few long sleeves I have. It ends up being my shirt from a rifle match in 2008. I lock the door and start walking toward my wife. As I get closer, she puts her hand at my chest. She is pointing at the chinese characters on it. She mumbles (in chinese) and asks me where I got it. Note - I never wear my shooting shirts, except at a match, so she has probably never seen it. Well, I have had it for almost two years and even wore it during cold matches. Since she pointed it out I asked her, what does it mean. She told me "Do not daydream". I was like, really. she said in chinese that is what it literally means to her. She told me that japanese use some chinese characters and they may have a different meaning.

I feel pretty uneducated about what was on my shirt considering I even go to a forum with that title. I searched maku mozo and do not daydream in forums and did not easily see an explination for maku mozo.

This post is titled maku mozo so I thought I would put this here. just trying to absorb a few few things and not quite understanding them all, just like do not daydream. I daydream all the time.

post-14235-127268692649_thumb.jpg

...if you're lucky