Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dissapator Front Sight Question

chbrow10

I would like to know if anyone KNOWS if the A2 front sight on a Dissapator can be removed easily (unbolting or pinning) without detriment to the weapon. I understand that there is no gas block incorporated into the A2 sight on a Dissy, so can it be removed? Pictures would be really helpful...

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I would like to know if anyone KNOWS if the A2 front sight on a Dissapator can be removed easily (unbolting or pinning) without detriment to the weapon. I understand that there is no gas block incorporated into the A2 sight on a Dissy, so can it be removed? Pictures would be really helpful...

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Very easy. See the pins on the bottom of the "gas block". Drive them out with a punch. They only go one direction, If I remember corectly they go out the left. That's about it. Pretty easy removal. Just note the you will have the holes where the pins were.

J-Ho,

There will be holes in what? It looks like the sight wraps around the barrel like a clamp...

There will be notches in the barrel where the taper pins engage the barrel. You will see them after removing the sight post.

You will be able to see that one end of the pins are larger in diameter. They are tapered. Drive them out from the small side.

Hope this helps.