Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forged hammer for L Frame

Bubber

Have been searching Brownell's and Numerich's to no avail. I'm not good with catalouges. I have a 686-5 and looking for a forged hammer for an L frame with the firing pin mounted in the frame. Even though the MIM parts are quite servicable I would rather go with the forged steel. :sight: Does anyone know the part number if Brownell's has any? Needing the sear and sear spring also. I know Randy makes a great hammer now for the L frame but wanting to try stock stuff for a while longer. Thanx rdd

Hey Roger. I have one of Randy Lee's hammers that I picked off the 2008 IRC table. could never make it work in my 617. If you want It, let me know.

John, Is that a L frame or an N Frame hammer? Tom E suggested that I try the SSR hammer frpm S&W Perfomance Center. I am still having a time finding it on their web site. Let me know on the Randy Lee as I am interested. Thanx rdd

Have been searching Brownell's and Numerich's to no avail. I'm not good with catalouges. I have a 686-5 and looking for a forged hammer for an L frame with the firing pin mounted in the frame. Even though the MIM parts are quite servicable I would rather go with the forged steel. :sight: Does anyone know the part number if Brownell's has any? Needing the sear and sear spring also. I know Randy makes a great hammer now for the L frame but wanting to try stock stuff for a while longer. Thanx rdd

Hey Bubber

I have a couple of hammers laying around, If you want, I can bring them to the Southern and you can check them out.

If one works for you, its your. Rich

Edited by LCARICH

Youight want to place a want to buy add in the S&W Forum - www.smithwesson-forum.com.

Hey Bubber

I have a couple of hammers laying around, If you want, I can bring them to the Southern and you can check them out.

If one works for you, its your. Rich

Thanx Rich, I will be the short loud one. You know us revo shooters all look alike. rdd

Hey Roger. I have one of Randy Lee's hammers that I picked off the 2008 IRC table. could never make it work in my 617. If you want It, let me know.

John, Thanx. I got it this morning and was putting rounds through it before noon. I like the way the trigger feels. I owe you big time. Later rdd