Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Adustable on Glock 35

tigerfan_9

i am thinking about getting this dawson adjustable rear sight (there are apparently 2 different versions)

017-012.jpg

and my question is what height are you guys running for the front dawson fiber optic? there is .285 and .300 and i hear you can get even higher if needed. i see several post about people with 34's needing .300 or higher to zero in the sights but what about the 35 as you are dealing with 2 different trajectories.

i was also going to go with the .100 width on the front sight as opposed to the .125, any opinion here?

thanks

I have the .125 on mine with the dawson adjustable rear. The .100 is too thin for me.

what height do you have for the front sight?

what holster are you running and was there any clearance problems with that front sight?

Bladetech dropped offset.

no clearance issues.

I believe that is the height that matches up to the dawson adjustable rear.

Shooters Connection Glock Sights

edited to add the .285 also can be used.

Edited by pas44

Bladetech dropped offset.

no clearance issues.

I believe that is the height that matches up to the dawson adjustable rear.

Shooters Connection Glock Sights

edited to add the .285 also can be used.

yeah dawson lists the .300 or .285....i was trying to find out which is best for the 35 while using the blade-tech DOH since that is what i own. Was curious if the .285 would work but I haven't seen anything on that one with the 35. i know some guys posted about needing taller sights with the 34 to get the POI down.

You should go with the .300 front sight. Dawson recommends this for the G34/35. Ask them.

i sent them an email but haven't gotten a reply yet. their "sight chart" list both (.300 and .285) as options for the 35 which is why i asked the question here.

You should go with the .300 front sight. Dawson recommends this for the G34/35. Ask them.

i sent them an email but haven't gotten a reply yet. their "sight chart" list both (.300 and .285) as options for the 35 which is why i asked the question here.

I found out the hard way.. I ordered the .285" sight first. Didn't give me the adjustment I needed... the rear adjustable didn't go down enough. When I bought the .300" later- the person told me that's what they recommend for the G34/G35. FWIW I adjust my sights so the POI is exactly at the top of my front sight.

I found out the hard way.. I ordered the .285" sight first. Didn't give me the adjustment I needed... the rear adjustable didn't go down enough. When I bought the .300" later- the person told me that's what they recommend for the G34/G35. FWIW I adjust my sights so the POI is exactly at the top of my front sight.

perfect....that is exactly what i was looking for. thanks for the help

I too run a .300 x .100 front Dawson on my G35. I tried the .125 width first and it was pretty thick. The .100 seems just a tiny bit on the thin side after shooting the .125 but I've adjusted and now prefer it.

My Comp-Tac holster has plenty of clearance for the sight too.

I too run a .300 x .100 front Dawson on my G35. I tried the .125 width first and it was pretty thick. The .100 seems just a tiny bit on the thin side after shooting the .125 but I've adjusted and now prefer it.

You made me think of something. I use my Glocks for USPSA/IDPA... so for this, I like the thinner .100" front sight. It allows me to get enough accuracy but I don't have to struggle to see that the front sight is in the notch. If I was looking for sights that may be better for slow, bullseye type shooting- the wider front sight might be better. My guess is the OP is not using the G35 for bullseye.

You made me think of something. I use my Glocks for USPSA/IDPA... so for this, I like the thinner .100" front sight. It allows me to get enough accuracy but I don't have to struggle to see that the front sight is in the notch. If I was looking for sights that may be better for slow, bullseye type shooting- the wider front sight might be better. My guess is the OP is not using the G35 for bullseye.

yeah this is for USPSA.....i've shot a 34 with the .100 and liked it alot. like you said good for fast aquisitions.

i went with the .300 x .100 .......thanks for the input

I was recently told Dawson NO LONGER carries the Adjustable Rear Sights for Glock and we could NOT find them on their web site ?

See Post #58 above. I have a link to Dawson glock sights at Shooters Connection.

I saw that and was glad to find somewhere that has these .... my comment was that "Dawson" no longer makes or carries them, or, at least it appears that way from their web site. My only concern is ... why has the Makers topped them and what if it broke and you needed some part or service ?