Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Howdy from Wichita

SingleTrackMind

Hey guys,

Newbie here in Wichita, KS just lurking for info. I have exactly zero competition experience, but very interested in trying IDPA and 3 gun. I've been a hunter all my life and started shooting pistols about 12 years ago with my first Glock G22, which has now been replaced with a Sig P228 and P229R, and next week, a P239 will be added to the collection. I'm looking for a competition environment to help me get better with basic shooting skills and home defense/carry situations as well, so IDPA seems logical. I'm sure I'll try some of the other games as well, but my intentions are to learn some practical stuff first before getting into dedicated competition equipment.

Lurking and waiting for the outdoor range weather,

~STM

Scott, welcome to BrianEnos.com. :)

Please check out our IDPA forum, if you haven't already. Lots of good info, and good people, there

Just FYI, both IDPA and in USPSA the Production and Single Stack divisions are dedicated to practical equipment. Granted that in USPSA - what most people call "IPSC" - you might not actually be carrying that many magazines in real life, but other than that, the guns and holsters that even the best of the best in all those sports/divisions use are, with few exceptions, things that you could carry every day.

Wo!!scared me for a minute :roflol: What a picture. Come up to Topeka on any third sunday Captial city gun club we start shooting at 10 am Then there is always Gary at Augusta Air Capital Practical Shooters 5599 SW 135th,Augusta,Ks. 67010. Fourth Sunday shooting starts about 11 am.