Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prone with Pistol?

I'm having troubles searching, I was sure this had been discussed before.

During a USPSA rules match, if a competitor goes prone with a rifle, with a holstered pistol - is this allowed?

Pistol is cold, and not even required for the stage. Competitor just hadn't taken it off.

Thanks.. Dave

I'm having troubles searching, I was sure this had been discussed before.

During a USPSA rules match, if a competitor goes prone with a rifle, with a holstered pistol - is this allowed?

Pistol is cold, and not even required for the stage. Competitor just hadn't taken it off.

Thanks.. Dave

I can't find anything in the multigun rulebook that says you can't do this.

Should the '2009 Combined Rulebook' be all inclusive?

I believe so. It was introduced to the Bod last ... March I think it was? ... at their Dallas meeting, and John Amidon said then it could be used for real matches. What you CAN'T use it for, however, is your NROI re-certification exams. They specifically want rule number quotes from the handgun rulebook, and if you use the otherwise perfectly good combined rulebook with its different rulebook numbers, your answers will be marked wrong.

Should the '2009 Combined Rulebook' be all inclusive?

I believe so. It was introduced to the Bod last ... March I think it was? ... at their Dallas meeting, and John Amidon said then it could be used for real matches. What you CAN'T use it for, however, is your NROI re-certification exams. They specifically want rule number quotes from the handgun rulebook, and if you use the otherwise perfectly good combined rulebook with its different rulebook numbers, your answers will be marked wrong.

LOL.. this sounds as ridiculous as my work.. :)