Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Equipment Pot-stirring

Patrick Sweeney

I think we can count on the toes of one hand the number of gun control laws that have been repealed.  Calm down, I know the mag thing will not have to be repealed but the chances of it being alowed to sunset are just as tiny.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is obvious and therefore doesn't generate tons of replies and controversy, but it has NEVER been about mag capacity to keep things even, it's about lazy course design.

And I still vote for a "NEW" Production class where you shoot a real DA, Split it Major / Minor (Like IDPA should have done from the beginning) and no capacity limits, just fits in the box with a mag.

It's a cool class idea that would bring more real guns in.  If you want, tighten the box up so it's not a "G35 only" class.  Make it so a G22 or a Berretta with a +2 just makes it.  It should get a lot of major manufacturers back into our game.  It would also start up the major vs. minor thing.  A lot of the real carry guns don't carry that many in .40, that berretta with a +2 would only have maybe 13+1, vs. the same gun in 9mm carrying maybe 18.  I like to see more than one way to do things, and this would be it.  A G22 (assuming the 35 doesn't fit anymore) would still probably be the big dog, that and a Para LDA P-16, but it might produce some interesting combos.  

Right now there is no place in IDPA or USPSA for true DA .40 cal guns.  

Just stirring the pot....

And if you want the mag ban BS "sunsetted" start NOW!!!!  HCI and that rabble are.  It takes subtle layering, like our press does against us.

Talk it up, not from a sporting sense but from how little crime has been deterred, lives saved, or criminals captured because you made them more expensive.  Debunk the high cap and gun show loophole lies, or the average soccer mom voting and calling her senator will think it's a good law that needs to stay.....