Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Problem accessing forums...

vernonsmith

Not sure if anyone is having the same problem as me. I have difficulties accessing the forums from home either using a laptop (using WiFi) or desktop (ADSL 2 phone line connection). No problem accessing the forums at work. I am using Internet Explorer and tried downloading Firefox and still can't access from home. Tried disable all firewall, anti virus program etc. still not working so I call my ISP because I thought they might be filtering out certain website they said no and never blocked out any website.

Funny thing is if I use my laptop outside of my home at another WiFi hotspot I have no problem accessing these forums. So it must have got something to do with either the modem (Thomson) or the ISP. Also another website I am unable to access is Henning Wallgren's website (http://www.henningshootsguns.com/), I am also able to visit this webpage at work but not from home.

Also another point is that it is not that I am 100% can't access these pages, it's like 1 out of 20 tries (over few days) it might work (both the laptop and desktop) so must be something that have been refreshed while I am doing something else. So when it works I will stay on for a few good hours and read as much as I can because I know once I restart the computer again it won't necessary work.

Anyone has any idea why this is the case I can't seem to have too much time reading the forums at work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by vernonsmith

Email me this, with your IP address. With that I can do 2 things. Make sure your IP isn't on my server's blocked list (Henning is on my server too). If it isn't, I'll run a traceroute from the server to your IP address, which will give me the info you'll need to pass on to your ISP so they can fix it by probably resetting the problem Nameserver.

be

forum@brianenos.com

That happened to me too about 6 months ago. I think embarq fixed it by changing my IP address. They pinged my IP and told me where it stopped at . I drove them nuts trying to figure it out and about 3 people later they got it fixed.

Good luck Brent

That happened to me too about 6 months ago. I think embarq fixed it by changing my IP address. They pinged my IP and told me where it stopped at . I drove them nuts trying to figure it out and about 3 people later they got it fixed.

Good luck Brent

Right, it's usually a PITA - ISP's will blow you off at first. But with the traceroute info, they're forced to reckon with it.

be