Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading LTD vs Prod

JimmyZip

Feeling better for the first time in a while, got out my new production rig set up and did about an hour of dryfire today.

Man oh man it was a bit harder to hit that G-17 magwell than the CZ TS I shoot or even my old BHP I used to shoot. After about an hour, I was finally getting it down.

So the question I have is that after I go back to shooting LTD in a few years, (When I'm back working full time and not so strapped) can I expect to find it easier to hit that bigger magwell? Has anyone experienced this sort of dividend? if so, let me know what your experience has been.

thanks, JZ

It can. I noticed I have to re-learn the position of the Limited mag positions. Other "little" things crop up too. Like dropping mags to soon...with 10 rounds remaining :rolleyes:. But, yes the focus needed to hit a Production reload can help burn in the technique.

Jim

Whenever I play with a Lim/Open gun that has a gigantic magwell on it, I find it nearly impossible to delete "disaster avoidance" pause in my reload as the magazine arrives at the gun. I shoot nothing but production/IDPA SSP as a general rule. Too used to tiny targets, if you know what I mean.

Edited by MemphisMechanic