Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shoot'n Score It

jenlu

Hi,

for all shooters and those arranging matches - checkout Shoot'n Score It at:

http://shootnscore.it

Shooter and competition service for IPSC, USPSA, PPC and Steel Challenge.

Allows you to create matches, invite people, have them register themselves, supports

multiple persons recording scorecards, works on PC, cellphone, laptop, iPhone anywhere.

Feedback or ideas - get in touch with me!!

mvh / Jens

I do shoot myself and have just developed it because I got tired trying to arrange matches and results in a fast and efficient way. Free for anyone to use and depending on time and feedback I will improve it. So, this is not commercial.

Still, if there you or anyone feel stronly that this is spam/ads then I will remove this post. No worry.

mvh / Jens

Looks great, but my guess is that this type of advertising is considered spamming.

I'd suggest contacting a moderator about advertising.

Trying to find out who the moderators are so I can PM them... hmm... can't find it listed anywhere

On the main forum page there is a link to "The Moderating Team"...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

But... I didn't realize you were offering this service for free. I don't believe anyone would have any problem with that. I commend you for doing that.

Welcome!

Can't use it for USPSA matches unless there's a way to import results into ezwinscore from the website, similar to importing scores from palms now. But I created a userid and will parallel it with an existing match. We've speculated about web-based scoring systems before; the problem is if it's hosted remotely, what if the internet connection or website goes down during a match?

Now, if it were available as a package that could be installed on any system that had a local web server and database access method (mysql, sql server, whatever this uses), there'd be real interest (at least on my part) in finally having a system in the stats office to which multiple systems could connect to input scores without master/slave and export/import considerations, not to mention a feature that would show standings to anyone at the match with a wireless device who could call up such a match standings website. In such a case as that, the 1 hr bitch & gripe could start the instant the enter key had been pressed for the last scoresheet!

And... people can't post a link here to something that's clearly shooting related if it's not free? Why?

Edited by wgnoyes

Looks good to me. It would serve those who just want to track the scores of a few individuals who are on the same squad to see who is in the lead. Since it's internet based, it's not platform specific (iPhone / Android / Palm, etc.) And since it's FREE, well ..... everybody loves stuff thats FREE! :)

Can't use it for USPSA matches unless there's a way to import results into ezwinscore from the website, similar to importing scores from palms now. But I created a userid and will parallel it with an existing match. We've speculated about web-based scoring systems before; the problem is if it's hosted remotely, what if the internet connection or website goes down during a match?

Yes, next up on the to do list is exporting of results. Intend to both make it easy so that when you mark a match as done all competitors gets emailed with pdf/xls/txt/csv of the results, same formats downloadable and also in these formats for export into classifications systems (this later could both be done by shipping files but also possibly directly by having SSI connecting to them directly). Will investigate and guess this will take me 2-4 weeks to get done for all match formats.

Now, if it were available as a package that could be installed on any system that had a local web server and database access method (mysql, sql server, whatever this uses),

Yep, two concerns with this is one it would make the work 2-5x more and not sure on how much time I can have and two that I would like that whoever is a shooter within SSI will always be able to at any time check their current/previous results all the time anywhere and if this would be hard with multiple instances of the service.

Summary, I will spend the time on making the service really really good and stable.

/ Jens

• 2 weeks later...

I have have all export stuff up and running now in developement version that will allow you to (i) download

a .csv or .pdf file locally or email to yourself, all competitors and so on. Will have a number of predefined

reports and also custom option.

If anyone of you have ideas or requests for file formats in pdf and xls/csv please email/PM me them

so I can look at it and add it. Especially formats for importing data to other services or software

is of great value.

mvh / Jens

• 2 weeks later...

Export of results, competitor lists, verification lists etc is now supported

The latest release of SSI now supports results, verifications and competitor list that you

can donwload directly or email to yourself, all staff, all competitors etc from SSI.

Also several enhancements to the PPC match format.

mvh / Jens

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot'n Score It (SSI) now suppport the following features:

* Squads - you can add as many squads as you like to your match, allow anyone to register for a squad or

restrict it so you as admin are the only one that can add competitors to it (allows for VIP type squads)

Competitors choose squad on their own or you can have SSI assign all approved competitors to a squad for you.

* Simplified Registration and managing payments - you can state if registrations need your approval or if all

registrations are approved (up to max competitors in a match), if match is full regstrations are placed on waiting

list so you can approve them if someone does not show up. You can also mark competitors as paid/not-paid

* Lots of report formats (download or email out)

* Messaging to all competitors - create and allow SSI to send out messages (email) to all competitors

(you can choose all approved, all on waiting list and so on...)