Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 Round .40sw Mags Available

bountyhunter

• 4 weeks later...

I got some today and they is going back tomorrow :angry: :

1. Don't lock open slide

2. Won't drop free(fatal flaw)

3. Cost way too much considering one and two. Will only take short rounds which I would have been able to live with if it weren't for one and two.

I bought my MF 10 rndr's through a group buy ,total ~ $175 with shipping.

Had the same problem with the slide failing to lock back - but after a 1k break in ,they seem to be performing better now.

I think part of the problem was contact with the slide release with my support hand.

Shooting single hand always had the slide lock at empty.

No problems with them falling out .

Gun is a SA 40sw 'loaded'.

fwiw,

MP

Yeah, what stingerjg said. I bought a couple of Tripp Cobra mags from Chuck @ ShootersConnection last summer. They run flawlessly in either .40 or 10mm guns. Hold 10+1, and are a little shorter than my McCormick 10 rd. 45 mags. Drop free & lock the slide.

There is a different mag for the STI singlestack guns. The mag release notch is slightly different.

On a related topic: the Chip McCormick 10-round .45 mags feed .40 perfectly in my STI Trojan (and hold 11 rounds BTW). I also bought some CMC .38 super 10-rounders for my 9mm STI gun and they feed OK, but neither would drop free (must be going around?) I took a file to their backsides and now they drop just fine.

I ran the metalform mag through the gun over and over again trying to see what was dragging and apparently it was the follower. The mag at one point stopped the slide halfway into battery and when I pulled back on the slide and let it ride forward the magazine follower moved and it now works fine. The mag now drops free and locks the slide open. A little QC inspection before these things ship would insure against things like this.

Good Lord they sure are proud of those things!!! $44.....Are they serious? I've used Chip McCormick Power Mags and Wilson 10 rounders with ZERO problems and they are roughly 1/2 the price. I'm sure they are good quality mags but Dayuuuuuumm......44 Bucks!!!!

Another vote here for McCormick and Wilson