Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Travel to NYC

I will be spending a week in Manhattan (staying and working near the Empire State Building). I will be occupied from 8-5 each day. And truthfully, I am as likely to grab something quick to eat, do a quick workout, and then veg in front of the TV each evening, but I would like some suggestion for other options. I am not going to spend the money to go to a bunch of Broadway shows (I have already seen Wicked, and not interested in the others). I am not a sports fan. I have been to the top of the empire state building, but will definitely go see the WTC site. Food Channel says the Grimmaldi's Pizza under the Brooklyn bridge is worth the trip, but....

Suggestions?

Mark K.

I will be spending a week in Manhattan (staying and working near the Empire State Building). I will be occupied from 8-5 each day. And truthfully, I am as likely to grab something quick to eat, do a quick workout, and then veg in front of the TV each evening, but I would like some suggestion for other options. I am not going to spend the money to go to a bunch of Broadway shows (I have already seen Wicked, and not interested in the others). I am not a sports fan. I have been to the top of the empire state building, but will definitely go see the WTC site. Food Channel says the Grimmaldi's Pizza under the Brooklyn bridge is worth the trip, but....

Suggestions?

Mark K.

Mark, when you are going? I'll be there mid-March visiting my brother.

Susan

The suggestion of Grimaldi's Pizza is right on. :cheers: It is worth the trip and the possible wait. The best pizza EVER. A walk thru Times Square at night, is always cool. The view from the Top of the Rock is very different from the Empire State Building..and hardly any wait :rolleyes: . Hope you have a great trip.

A good little bistro with reasonable prices:

La Bonne Soupe (48 w 55th street). A favorite of my aunt an uncle (long time NewYorkers).

I wouldn't walk there from the empire state building for lunch, but not more than a quick subway ride (say 10 to 12 min).

Try the Magnolia Bakery at Bleecker and W. 11th. Go after work, get some cupcakes and walk towards Washington Square. Lots of cool little shops and strange people, but ok. A New York thing to do. A ferry ride to Staten Island from the Battery is a great way to see things and is really inexpensive. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat at Grimaldi's. Best sushi is Hatsuhana on E. 48th Street. Check out Strawberry Fields in Central Park -77th St and Central Park West. Its a memorial to John Lennon. Nice walk, neat buildings on Central Park West. Ride the subway. There's more. Have fun.