Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open Gun, Doctor Or C-more For Optics?

STI

Beven Grams

Grams Engineering (949-548-3745)

His Docter with light-sensor mod and ONE 2032 battery is about 3x brighter than an older Optima another shooter showed me with TWO 2032 batteries. Outdoors, it's brighter than a new CMore 8moa dot at full blast.

If you insist, he'll sell you one without the modification.

Beven Grams

Grams Engineering (949-548-3745)

His Docter with light-sensor mod and ONE 2032 battery is about 3x brighter than an older Optima another shooter showed me with TWO 2032 batteries. Outdoors, it's brighter than a new CMore 8moa dot at full blast.

If you insist, he'll sell you one without the modification.

Would love to get one unfortunately Beven can't ship intermationally and I know nobody in the US well enough to trust them to ship it to me.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

This is a copy of the post I put in the other Docter thread....

"I sure wished I'd have read through this thread before I decided to go with a slide mounted red dot...ahh well, 20-20 hindsight.

Anyway, I got in on the cheap with a FirePoint from eBay to mount on an older Bomar sighted Open single stack since my eyes won't let me use iron sights fast enough for Open anymore...out here in the hinterlands (Maui) a single stack is all you need since we're still limited to ten rounds. You wanna see how things are run in a Democrat controlled state, ya'll just come out here and see...but don't get me started.

I'm getting vertical stringing now though, even though the Bomars were fairly right on. (Hope the home drilled ports in the barrel aren't to blame). JP Bomar mount does have a tendency to work loose, but still strings shots even when tight.

Just ordered a Docter from Brownells with the EGW mount ( hey, aluminum and three hunnert bucks has got to be better right? duh) to see if it's the sight or the gun.

Sure wish I'd known that I'd have to invest another 300 bucks or so (more? ack) to get it mounted properly and bulletproofed.

I DO like the cleaner lines of the Firepoint, and don't really lose the dot if I hold the gun properly...the ledge on the AW Custom slide stop really helps there. Plus, no way do I ever hit the mag release on a grab off a table.

Like others have mentioned, I think the transition between my hopefully soon to be Grams-magicked Open gun and my trusty old Limited singlestack will be a lot easier. This especially in light of the "multi-division entrant" nature of most of my club's matches.

I would have to mention that I don't like C-More's. For me it's a lot easier to index a tube type red dot. I shot an Aimpoint on my old Open gun which now wears a PDP5.

I never lose the dot on that gun and being in B means it doesn't really matter if the gun is a little heavier. Plus PDP5's can be gotten fairly cheap on eBay. And no, not

the new generation of cheapo Chinese copies, although the thought of having 5 or 6 sighted in and ready- to-go sights in the gun bag for less than the cost of one C-more is intriguing for a shooter on a budget. (And who isn't?)"

As for International shipping, have you investigated FedEx's service? I sent out some computer parts to a guy in Australia no problem, even though it was fairly expensive. If you really want one, and will pick up the costs I'll do the legwork for you.