Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135 Grain Extreme Hollow Point Loads

Abacus

I am looking to load some 135 grain Xtreme hollow points.  The powders I plan on using are either Titegroup or WSF.  I am planning on using the loads in IDPA, so I am looking at a power factor of 125 or a little more, 130 or so.  Any suggestions as to what charge weight I can use?

Tried and true load for 124 FMJ is 3.8-4.0 gr

Tried and true load for a 147 FMJ is 3.0-3.2 gr

Plated bullets will be a bit faster than jacketed. So my best guesstimation is approximately 3.5 grains. It’ll definitely be close.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Just worked up some 135 Xtreme jhp. 3.6gr N320 @ 1.145 gave me average 129.6 PF on a 70 degree day out of a Q5. TG and N320 are pretty close in burn rates, so depending on what you're shooting, I'd probably start around 3.4-3.5.

Hi IDescribe,

I consider myself to be an experienced reloader.  I have been intrigued by the 135 grain plated bullets for some time - it's just hard to find any reloading data on them.  I shoot a lot of 124 and 147 grain plated bullets using TG.  Yes, I do have access to a chronograph and plan to chronograph some loads once the bullets come in and get loaded up.  I plan to shoot these in my local IDPA matches using a Glock 34.

The bullets are on the way.  I ordered 500 to try them out to see how I like them.

Thank you everyone on the forum!  This information is quite useful.

I found them to be not spectacular.  You can get better performing 124gr JHP from Precision Delta or RMR for less money, and you can get better performing 135gr or 147gr coated lead from ACME or SNS or Blue Bullets for less money.  Food for thought.  ;)