Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versamax slim forend

Zoomy

Yes I have and living in the UK it cost me a fortune to get one after HM Customs and Excise slapped there cut on!

However it makes a night and day difference to being able to consistently do quad loads strong or weak hand. I've taken the dremmel to mine to smooth it to the receiver. Mainly for aesthetic reasons. I am very impressed by its function though. 

I will also be buying another for my spare gun prior to the IPSC world championships in France this June.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback Chris. I’ll get one and give it a go. I’ve cut down my standard forend but when trying to push in the first two rounds the secon set get hung up on the fore grip unless I go slow and carefully.

47 minutes ago, grsdoug said:

I bought one last year. Has made a significant difference in consistentcy for my quads. Dropping the matchsaver has not hurt either. 

Good to know about the match saver. I have one now and it comes seem to get in the way. 

13 hours ago, Zoomy said:

Thanks for the feedback Chris. I’ll get one and give it a go. I’ve cut down my standard forend but when trying to push in the first two rounds the secon set get hung up on the fore grip unless I go slow and carefully.

I cut mine down as well and tapered it in to the receiver but was still getting hung up. No problems since fitting the new forend. 

24 minutes ago, bishop414 said:

For those saying it improves your quad loading, are you loading strong or weak hand?  Any current pictures?

I load strong hand. My knuckles hit the match saver when I load the first two shells during a quad load.

Ok either I’m stupid or there is a bigger problem. The Tooth and Nail Armory Slim Forend for Versamax arrived today and I tried to install it. It slides on until I get to the magazine tube support that comes off the barrel. At that point it it stops when the mplastic rails on the inside of the forend hits the magazine tube support. I tried spreading and pulling down on the forend but I would really start putting a lot of pressure on the magazine tube and support lug and ring. Any advice?

18 hours ago, Zoomy said:

Ok either I’m stupid or there is a bigger problem. The Tooth and Nail Armory Slim Forend for Versamax arrived today and I tried to install it. It slides on until I get to the magazine tube support that comes off the barrel. At that point it it stops when the mplastic rails on the inside of the forend hits the magazine tube support. I tried spreading and pulling down on the forend but I would really start putting a lot of pressure on the magazine tube and support lug and ring. Any advice?

I had the same problem.

Someone on here on the other thread pointed me in the right direction. But basically take the barrel off the gun fit the forend to the barrel and tap it home. I used a light wooden mallet. Once fitted to barrel fit barrel to gun. 

Hope that helps.

13 hours ago, Chriswakey said:

I had the same problem.

Someone on here on the other thread pointed me in the right direction. But basically take the barrel off the gun fit the forend to the barrel and tap it home. I used a light wooden mallet. Once fitted to barrel fit barrel to gun. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. Went on without a hitch. Feels much better when quad loading. 

I tried to tap mine on today and the damn thing cracked, a split about 2" long. My barrel ring measures 1.250 " and the hole in the forend is WAY smaller. I contacted T&N for a return authorization. 

33 minutes ago, shopgun said:

I tried to tap mine on today and the damn thing cracked, a split about 2" long. My barrel ring measures 1.250 " and the hole in the forend is WAY smaller. I contacted T&N for a return authorization. 

That stinks. Once Chris gave me the procedure mine slid on with about 40-50 pounds of hand pressure. The forend appears to be 3D printed so the tolerances should not vary that much. Maybe T&N could put a installation video on their website. 

1 hour ago, shopgun said:

Where did it split?

I only ask as I found out when I was trying to fit mine that it is made in two halves and pinned and epoxied together. (Don't ask me how I found out).

I just continued on the fit it and you can't see the join when it's fitted and it doesn't affect the performance or looks at all.

17 hours ago, Chriswakey said:

Where did it split?

I only ask as I found out when I was trying to fit mine that it is made in two halves and pinned and epoxied together. (Don't ask me how I found out).

I just continued on the fit it and you can't see the join when it's fitted and it doesn't affect the performance or looks at all.

It split at the rear end as I attempted to tap it over the barrel ring.

• 2 weeks later...

Josh at T&N was kind enough to send a replacement which I was able to tap on successfully. I painted mine with Rust-oleum multi color textured  paint p/n 223525 aged iron. It gives a firm non slip finish without being too aggressive. I mounted my homemade match saver on the radius of the forend, perfectly in line with the ejection port. Works great.

5 hours ago, shopgun said:

Josh at T&N was kind enough to send a replacement which I was able to tap on successfully. I painted mine with Rust-oleum multi color textured  paint p/n 223525 aged iron. It gives a firm non slip finish without being too aggressive. I mounted my homemade match saver on the radius of the forend, perfectly in line with the ejection port. Works great.

Excellent. Josh is  good people. Glad things worked out.