Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar October 18-20, 2018 at Rockcastle Shooting Center

Registration is now open for the 2018 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Championship presented by Doublestar is now open! This will be our 10th year at Rockcastle, and we hope to take advantage of some of the ongoing construction there in our stages this year.  You can sign up here on Practiscore.  As usual, we'll have 9 stages using the natural terrain of Kentucky to challenge your shooting skills.  Round count will be similar to past matches and posted once stages are designed, probably in late summer.  Take care, and we'll be looking for you in Kentucky October 18th to 20th!

Andy

Edited by AFH

I was planning to leave the golf cart shooting out this year, mainly to keep it from getting stale.  Do you a significant majority of the shooters would like to see it return for the third year in a row? 

2017 was my first year at BRM3G and definitely not my last. Didn't realize you had the golf cart for 3 years straight. Loved it but, I will yield to your best judgement. How often do you get to shoot from any moving vehicle and not get arrested? I understand even the best things after a while can get stale. Whatever you do, looking forward to 2018! 

I liked it two years straight, wouldn't hurt my feelings to do it again. I like shooting from the moving vehicle. I trust your judgement, I am sure that you can replace it with something fun and challenging if you decide to. 

Hurley

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 10:46 AM, AFH said:

I was planning to leave the golf cart shooting out this year, mainly to keep it from getting stale.  Do you a significant majority of the shooters would like to see it return for the third year in a row? 

I'm indifferent.  The stages at this match are awesome whether or not there is a golf cart involved.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LoneRanger said:

Andy, Hope to make it this year. Is it to soon to start putting out a call for HEAVY METAL SHOOTERS?

Gerry

I don't shoot HM but, plan to in a couple years. I don't think it's ever too soon. KEEP HEAVY ALIVE!

• 4 months later...

Stages and round counts are posted at BRM3G.com. Stage descriptions and round counts may change as we set up the stages, but these will be close. You may notice a slight decrease in round count, but I think the planned shots will be challenging enough that you will be happy with amount of shooting. 

Also, you are going have a different type of challenge this year on one of the stages. I'm pretty sure it will be memorable -- I'm just hoping they will be favorable memories! 
Bring your A-game, and we'll see you all in seven weeks.

• 1 month later...