Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bolt catch on GMR 15

Bolt catch is completely loose as if there is no spring under it.

If i tilt the gun to the left it ill activate under its own weight and hold the bolt back even with a mag loaded.

Is this normal for the GMR. Or should it have a spring loaded catch like regular AR lowers?

Thanks

I would pull the bolt catch off and look in the hole to see what happened.  Maybe the plunger is stuck inside of the hole?  Maybe they neglected to install it? Maybe the spring collapsed?

Check it out and let them know.  Hopefully it is a simple fix where they just send you the spring/plunger and you are back in business.  

Yeah its black tape alright but for a 1,700 plus dollar gun... you bet they are getting a polite call this week.

The gun absolutely rocks and ill keep this thing for a while if not ever... but perfect it aint, and thats part of the thing i was buying in when i picked JP.

Polite or not,  I am sure they will take care of you.  While 99% of their guns ship out with all of their parts, they have built a reputation for making things right when you are in the unlucky 1%.  

If you are not satisfied, ask to speak with John Paul and he will make it right.

The polite comment was not sarcasm. I work in manufacturing and this things can get overlooked on final assembly...human or machine...it ill happen.

Talked to Dustin and Dan. Its a easy fix. They are sending in a replacement along with a spare firepin. Asked them to quote me a guide rod for it too since we are at it.

Thanks for all the help

• 2 months later...