Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Current Draw?

RickT

Has anyone found a problem running a Mark 7, Mr BF, Case Feeder and some low power (LED) task lighting off of a single 15 amp circuit?  How about a single 20 amp circuit?  The manual is silent about the need for a separate circuit and I suspect the X or Pro never requires the max rated current for the motor.

I'm running all that you specified plus a shop vac, and Bosch router motor for trimming. It has tripped the breaker with the ceiling fan, 3 ceiling fan lights, all were on while converting blackout brass. 15 amp bedroom circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did also get a response from Jay at Mark 7.  He said no problem power wise, but EMI can be an issue (for which they supply capacitors to decrease issues with the bullet and case feeders)

I did install the MBF capacitor thing, it just connects to the existing terminals. The casefeeder requires pulling the micro switch, i haven't done it, no issues yet. Over 10K cycles for sure.

I’m on a single 15-amp circuit with lighting and a PC as well with no problems.

Was also fortunate to avoid the line noise issues others have experienced - did get a bad USB cable originally, but Mark VII was quick to send a new one out to take care of the problem.

M