Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mighty Armory Decapping and Swaging dies

Has anyone had any experience with the Mighty Armory decapping or swaging dies? The swaging on a single stage intrigues me rather than the Dillon Swager. Just curious if anyone has used these products.

I'm in the same boat, I never liked the Dillon Super Swager. What is kind of funny is their website says they have been around for years and I never heard of them. I go to quite a few reloading forums. From the pictures the parts look very nicely machined.

3 hours ago, The Donald said:

I'm in the same boat, I never liked the Dillon Super Swager. What is kind of funny is their website says they have been around for years and I never heard of them. I go to quite a few reloading forums. From the pictures the parts look very nicely machined.

I believe these dies are just recently produced. I think they have been working on the for the last few months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im not really interested in the swaging dies, but I did talk to Wayne (owner) quite a bit on Facebook messenger.  My biggest issues with decapping are dealing with flash holes that are slightly off center, and maybe some that are undersized for SP 45 brass.  The off center brass is dealt with by letting the pin pull a slight offset to deal with this, and you can use a smaller diameter pin for decapping small flash holed cases.  

Im not in a hurry to buy, as I probably wont run a big decapping run until November, but at that time, I will be picking one up for running in my LnL for big runs of brass.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought one with the sale they were running in September. I currently don't have any cases that need swaging, but I did use the decapper on a short ~150 run of 40 brass. It worked well. I think that I will keep using it as my primary decapper until I have a need to use the swage die.