Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New PCC Problem

Had a random problem Saturday during a match where the KAW BCG would not go into battery. Rack it and it would fire. Gun was clean and oiled. Thought it might have been a problem with the buffer. The loads are the same I always run. Seemed to get more frequent as the match went on. Last stage major malfunction kept double feeding , not extracting pretty much zeroed the stage.

Got home and tore the gun apart. The roll pin that holds the firing pin and spring had backed out slightly. I have taken it apart to clean the firing pin and hole, but I know it was Okay and put back in correctly. New roll pin? Maybe 2-3K on the BCG. Other ideas to prevent this?

Every match is a learning experience.

gerritm

I will check.

Actually I think it is the roll pin that holds the weight, not the cotter pin holding the firing pin, duh? A little red loctite?

Thanks, Gerrit

Edited by gerritm

Depending on your buffer weight, I would just lose the weight in the bolt. I'm not a big fan of how it's held in there, seems like asking for trouble. 

Also, my kaw valley bolt came with a sharp corner that liked to sometimes dig into head of the case and keep the round from going all the way into the chamber. The tip of the round would go in, but when the back end tried to go up to align with the chamber, it would get caught in the sharp spot on the bolt. 

Edited by reshp1