Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550/650 Accessory Compatibility

I have been mulling over whether to get a case feeder for my 550b or just get a 650. I have decided, based on the excellent advice I have gotten on this forum, in another thread, to keep the 550 and add a 650 to my repertoire. I have a couple of questions regarding swapping out accessories between the two machines:

1. Can the dies I use on the 550 be used on the 650? I figure so, but thought I'd check. I realize there are 5 slots in the tool head of the 650, but I understand that the powder checker is optional.
  2. Can the roller handle from the 550 be used on the 650. If so, I will probably port mine to the 650 and go back to the stock handle on the 550. I really like the roller handle.

Is there anything else from the 550 that can be used on the 650?

Edited by GregInAtl

I plan on getting a case feeder for sure. I am still undecided about a bullet feeder. I've been told the case feeder is a must for the 650. How about the bullet feeder, is it a must (like the case feeder) or is it something that can be added later. Do I need a bullet tray for the 650 or can it wait until I get a bullet feeder (if I get one)

Yes to both of your first questions.
If you have a 550/650 strong mount, it will play. If you have a bullet tray on the strong mount, it will work too.
I put a case feeder on my 550. I liked it, but it was 'fiddly'. If you go the 650 route, do add the case feeder. You'll not regret it. It is not the same as the 550.

How about the powder measure from a 550b, will that work on the 650? I have 2 powder measures for my 550,  one of them is for my 45acp loads which I will be doing on the 650, so, I don't need 2 for the 550

Yes to both of your first questions.
If you have a 550/650 strong mount, it will play. If you have a bullet tray on the strong mount, it will work too.
I put a case feeder on my 550. I liked it, but it was 'fiddly'. If you go the 650 route, do add the case feeder. You'll not regret it. It is not the same as the 550.

Good to know that as I was planning a case feeder for my 550. I'll wait till I get a 650

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 7/10/2017 at 9:26 PM, GregInAtl said:

How about the powder measure from a 550b, will that work on the 650? I have 2 powder measures for my 550,  one of them is for my 45acp loads which I will be doing on the 650, so, I don't need 2 for the 550

They are interchangeable 

On 7/10/2017 at 2:21 PM, GregInAtl said:

I plan on getting a case feeder for sure. I am still undecided about a bullet feeder. I've been told the case feeder is a must for the 650. How about the bullet feeder, is it a must (like the case feeder) or is it something that can be added later. Do I need a bullet tray for the 650 or can it wait until I get a bullet feeder (if I get one)

You dont "need" a bullet feeder but once you use one you won't want to go back if you get a bullet feeder don't get the bullet tray 

On 7/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, Smeeg said:

You dont "need" a bullet feeder but once you use one you won't want to go back if you get a bullet feeder don't get the bullet tray 

I have already ordered the bullet tray, along with the 650 and the case feeder. They should both be here tomorrow. If I get a bullet feeder later, can I switch the bullet tray over to the 550? If not, I can always send the tray back to Dillon.