Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for a 686 6"

hueycrew

Recently purchased a SW 686 6" barrel. Really love the revo. I'm looking for suggestions on a holster that would work for ICORE Classic division. I like kydex however, I have not seen any that will hold a 6" barrel. Safariland has one, I think its a 002 competition model. Not sure if its legal for classic division. Is there anything else out there? I'd take leather or kydex at this point.

Check this out.

performanceholsters.com

facebook.com/performanceholsters

if he does not have a 686 6" I have one and he is local have him call me

David Surgi

Check this out.

performanceholsters.com

facebook.com/performanceholsters

Thanks for the link Dave! :cheers:

I checked out the website and they have some good looking stuff. I can't beleive I hadn't heard of them before. :blush:

Greg

Blade Tech makes one... It is listed for a 6" 586, not a 686, but there might be an outside chance that it could be made to work ;)

BIG + 1 for Blade Tech. If it's not a stock item, they will make it for you. They made an OWB strongside holster for my 3" 629 .44 Mag. They included the "drop offset" piece that drops the butt down and angles it away from the love handles. This was not a 4" N frame holster they chopped to 3" The "Trail Boss" has a memorable silhouette and the kydex fits like a glove.

For the blasphemers, I had him make a holster for my modified Glock 21 with a next-gen combat light from SureFire attached under the frame, with out a rail. He asked for a week to think about it and I got the holster the next week. The weird curves of the light don't snag on anything. Same draw stroke, presentation, fire, and recovery. I had to remind my self to press check from over the gun but the light is too big to reach around and SAFELY press check.

BTW IIRC the only difference between the 581 and a 686 was the steel, 581 blued,686 stainless. 681 fixed sights 586 adjustable.

Train hard brother!

I'm not sure about the Blade-Tech for a 6 inch 686. I use one of the regular models for a 4 inch, its ok, but I don't feel is any slicker than my Safariland Worldcup 002. I've read some feedback here about the Blade-Tech open front competition model that was critical of proper tension for holding a revolver. I have become more satisfied with my Safariland Worldcup 002 competition holster over time. Yes break-in is an issue, but the price is good. After the break-in it works well. I bought it for a 6 inch 686, but I am now also using it for a 5 inch 627. You can't use the Blade-Tech for both frame sizes.

Westczek