Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Club Timer III problem

politegunner

I bought a Pact Club Timer III last Oct. I sent it back to them in December. It came back fairly quickly. Nice, except that it still has the same problem. Sometimes when I turn it on, the displays seems normal. Fire 4 or 5 rounds and everything looks ok. Then I hit the "RVW" (review) button and things gets weird. The display shows the first shot as something like 474.59, with a split of 474.59. Yo, I'm slow, but not that slow. The next couple of shots add to the time normally, splits ok, but then shot four or five shows a time of 3.25 with a split of 0.00. Even better is that it doesn't do this consistently. Sometimes the very first reading shows 278.54 or whatever. How's that for utterly strange. Like what, gemlins? I tried new batts. Nope. I tried warming it up. Nope...plus a futile effort when it's 29F with a nice stiff breeze. Yeah, I called them. Yeah I sent it back. Yeah, I'm somewhat (!) less than stoked. Anybody else have anything like this with their Club III? I searched the forum but it looked like everyone else is all warm and fuzzy with theirs.

So, how is the Pocket Pro 2 by Competition Electronics?

Wyley in Oly

What AlamoShooter says, nice letter and get the thing fixed. You really need to describe what is happening and they will make it right.

I love my Pocket Pro II, easy to use and the 9 volt battery like my ear pro makes only one battery I have to carry that will last a long time. Will show you this Sunday at the Shelton indoor USPSA match if you wish.

Just my .02

RLTW,

Scott

IMO, PACT products are junk. I've had nothing but problems with the scales/timers/chronographs that I've bought from them over the years. The Pocket Pro II is great. Would also recommend the CED timers as well.

• 2 months later...

My Club lll timer, bought in Dec. of last year, ran for a few weeks and then started doing the "random number" thing mentioned by the first poster. My random number was generally in the 700 range. I'd start with a "good" zero, fire 5 shots and it would say 6 shots with a total time of 7xx.0.

I sent it back for repair Feb. 9th and expected it back fairly quickly. After it didn't show up after what I thought was a pretty good wait, I called and they said it would take 4-6 weeks from when they received it. I still don't have it. Evidently, they have a lot of bum timers to repair.

I wish I would have bought a CED.

WyoBob