Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejected Brass

cb60130

I have a Gold Team in .40. Love the gun so far, have about 1500 trouble free rounds down the pipe. Never really put much thought in to it before but I was at my local Thursday night match and after I finished a stage the guy picking up brass looked at me and said "How the hell does your gun throw the brass forward?" Since I'm the only outcast who shoots a Tanfo out there on Thursdays I really don't have anybody to ask. Do you other guys have this same thing going on or am I a special case? If this is not normal does anybody know what I should be doing to resolve it?

My Witness Elite Match does the same thing - about the 1:30 direction. If I really hold it tight, it may move to 2:00 or so but never much back from that. And it usually tosses it high. I've shortened the ejector per Nealeo's suggestion but it still goes forward. I just recently put a slight taper on it so it will hit the brass higher up to see if that helps. It was sort of straight up and down before. Hopefully, my range trip this week will show that it worked.