Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Czechmate Review

Honkeymcgee

Well no videos from Area 4. 3rd stage in I got myself a nice ole DQ.  Luckily it was only a couple hrs from the house and early in the match so I am back home enjoying the rest of the weekend. A costly mistake though. 

Stage started with hands on a door that you opened to activate a swinger. Shot the two targets to the left of the door area then reached for the door and didn't get out of the way quick enough. Hit my muzzle with the door it knocked the gun past 180.  :/ 

Ouch. That was a fun stage, too. That sucks because it's right at the start of the stage.

I got to shoot that stage after the rain so it was nice and slick. :/

Good match and good stages though!

OK thanks, understood there was a more elaborate post on this.

Where exactly do I need to put pressure on the bits?

I need to extend the tapered "fold" downward?

Edited by GhostDog
Spelling

2 hours ago, GhostDog said:

OK thanks, understood there was a more elaborate post on this.

Where exactly do I need to put pressure om the bits?

I need to extend the tapered "fold" downward?

No, you need to squeeze the folds in making the mag just a tad thinner width.  What it does is squeezes the bullets sooner causing them to start going into a single stack sooner and supporting the top round better. 

A bit on each side about the same diameter I used a 1/8 and whatever was next to that. Then start at the  mark that  is shown in the picture and work your way up squeezing it a few times. I did about one and a half turns on my vice after it got snug for each squeeze. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can absolutely run the mags at 29+1 and 24+1 with a little ingenuity. I took some very thin aluminum, cut into a strip about 1/2" wide by 3/4" long and epoxied them to the inside of the mags near the feed lips (I shaped the aluminum to conform to the mag shape). I run 29+1 in my big stick and 23/24+1 in my 140mm mags without issue. I just shot Nationals with my CM and literally never had a malfunction, and haven't for months. It's unbelievable that CZ shoots themselves in the foot with this and tells people to "run their ammo shorter" which is not only a Band-Aid (and doesn't fix the issue) but it also isn't reasonable when loading 9mm major. The quality of the gun itself is fantastic however, it's too bad the mags require the extra work though.

And leon1333, you evidently have no idea what you're talking about. "Buy Texas! Derp derp derp!" Yeah, because I didn't see an ASSLOAD of STI's and Infinities have issue after issue at almost every match I went to this year. I shot my way through Nats watching nearly everyone I saw on my squad shooting a 2011 have an issue at some point. Myself and  my shooting partner (who also runs a CM) shot the entire match without issue... and this is representative of most matches I go to. It's been 6 months since I've had a malfunction since tuning my CZ mags. Make a case for a different gun if you want, but "Buy 'merica, Texas! Blah blah" is not even an argument.