Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun Noobe here...

glockman21

Hello all,

I live in the "great" state of Maryland and I am really interested in getting into 3 gun compititions. My set up that I have right now is

Glock 17rtf or 21

FN SLP mk1

Ruger sr556 with Eotech 511

I have some questions about the shotgun. Is there a minimum berrel length for a shotgun? And what about sights on the shotgun iron or electronic.

Thanks

Edited by glockman21

There is no minimum length. With you setup I would keep iron sights on the shotgun. If it has an optic, your shooting open which is going to be mag fed shotguns, tubes to load the gun etc. For shotgun most will go for 8+1 for tactical but there is no minimum length barrel For your pistol I would probibally go the 9mm over the 45 and have at least 1 mag with a +6 base pad on it. With alot of 3 gun going to the 2 on paper or 1A to nutralize minor powerfactor makes more sense

Edited by EkuJustice

Following on EkuJustice, you are good to go now. You are in Tactical Scope Division for most matches. Get the mag extension for your G17. Practice your shotgun and shotgun reloads-that's where the time is and get to know your 556 with the Eotech. I think you have great guns for 3Gun.