Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Minor load with 124gr MG in 9x23/38SC?

Mark K

I am working up a minor load for the young shooter in this thread:

My link

I am loaning him my SVI based Open gun and mags. It is technically a 9x23, but has the extractor tuned and will digest 38Super or 38SC as well. I am looking for a load using some 124gr MG JHP I have on hand. I would like to use any of the powders I have on hand, namely 3n37, 3n38 or Clays. I probably have some N320 as well. My concern in not getting a load that will work the comp, I am looking for a milder load that he can handle with one hand, i.e. minor.

Thoughts?

Mark K

I am working up a minor load for the young shooter in this thread:

My link

I am loaning him my SVI based Open gun and mags. It is technically a 9x23, but has the extractor tuned and will digest 38Super or 38SC as well. I am looking for a load using some 124gr MG JHP I have on hand. I would like to use any of the powders I have on hand, namely 3n37, 3n38 or Clays. I probably have some N320 as well. My concern in not getting a load that will work the comp, I am looking for a milder load that he can handle with one hand, i.e. minor.

Thoughts?

Mark K

I was running 4 grains of Clays, behind a Zero 125 grain jhp, in my .38 Supercomp, Bedell "Shorty", for 3-gun, and steel, and it was a sweet load, but,I have "poppleholes" in my barrel, and it played hell with my scope, by re-directing the blast right in to the lens--even with a blats deflector.

Edited by RH45