Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 24"

sgrc1

so I ordered the +5 thinking this one would sit flush with the barrel but it ended up short (about 2 3/4 - 3 inches), so I am assuming the +6 would fit perfectly with the barrel, correct?, anybody has actually done it and can confirm this is the case?

also, brownells doesnt carry the +6, who does??

so I ordered the +5 thinking this one would sit flush with the barrel but it ended up short (about 2 3/4 - 3 inches), so I am assuming the +6 would fit perfectly with the barrel, correct?, anybody has actually done it and can confirm this is the case?

Go to Nordic's dealer forum. They have a FAQ on tube selection. But yes....I'm pretty sure the +6 is flush with the 24" barrel. CPWSA usually has a good selection of Nordic tubes.

+6 should be about right with a 24" barrel. Here is a pic of a 26" barrel with a +6 tube.

benellim2field26.jpg

+6 seems like the size then, i didnt realize there was an extended cap!, is this a different part number or does it come with the extension tube as option?

update: i just checked the cpwsa website and they only list a +1,2,3,4,5,7,8 (NO 6 - has this part been discontinued?)

Edited by sgrc1

+6 seems like the size then, i didnt realize there was an extended cap!, is this a different part number or does it come with the extension tube as option?

update: i just checked the cpwsa website and they only list a +1,2,3,4,5,7,8 (NO 6 - has this part been discontinued?)

The extended cap is a part that must be purchased separately, and I believe CPWSA sells them. The +6 is definately still available, as it's very popular for 21" guns. However, my recomendation is to go w/ the +7 on your 24"... you'll gain an extra round, get a lot of extra spring room, and only gain an extra 2" or so in length. Not to mention, IMO if the tube doesn't stick at least an inch or 2 past the barrel, it just doesn't look nasty enough for 3-Gun. Heck, I run a +7 on my 21"! :P

RZ

A +7 with an extended choke works out great. :)

I put on a +7 and got a Carlson light modified extended choke... the choke is slightly longer than the tube.

Edited by cas

mmmm.... I really want the tube to sit flush with the barrel, anybody have by chance a link or the measurements of the +5,+6 nordic tubes so I can be a bit more accurate?

Heres a table we have on our web site for the NC tube lengths:

# of

Extra Shells Tube Length Overall Length

Installed Recommended

Barrel Length

+2 6.250 15.375 18.5

+3 8.622 17.747 18.5

+4 10.393 19.518 18.5 / 21

+5 11.929 21.054 18.5 / 21

+6 14.370 23.495 21 / 24

+7 17.598 26.723 24 / 28

+8 20.196 29.321 28

If the formating does not disaply the table right, here is a link to the table's product page:

NC extension tube length

Edited by Cactustactical