Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 Jammed

Reloading .45 ACP when my press jammed. About 1/2 way through the downstroke. I was able to bring the the handle back to the start position but it would jam at the same point Fiddled with it a little, after pressing down on the Primer disc pin the jamming problem was gone? Want to learn what was going on for it to malfunction?

Edited by chickenfried

Just a wild guess but a dead primer popped out of the receptacle & found it's way underneath the primer punch, not allowing it to drop down. It has happened to me, by the way. Might be something different for you, though.

Another thing that has happened to me a couple of times. The dead primers have somehow stopped dropping down the chute & build up under the shell plate & caused jams making me scratch my quickly balding head a few times! :-)

MLM

If a primer (riding around in the primer disk) does not get into brass, it's supposed to fall into the little tray. On my press, it can stick in the disk and ride back into the housing that supports the primer tube etc. It travels around in there 'till it gets in the way of the primer currently at the bottom of the stack

The first time this kind of jam happened to me,,,it took me a long time to figure it out. There is a new primer under the housing!!Take the shell plate off, and remove entire primer feed assembly. (Or raise it up high enough that you can cycle the rouge primer out. Big PITA!!

When ever I have an empty priner station, I watch to make sure that primer falls out of the disk and into the tray.................