Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

556 primers

y-not

At a gun show tody they had CCI 5.56 primers, about $5.00 per 1000 cheper then normal CCI small Rifle. Has anyone used these and does anyone know what the difference is. The gus sailing them said there was no shortage of these.

At a gun show tody they had CCI 5.56 primers, about $5.00 per 1000 cheper then normal CCI small Rifle. Has anyone used these and does anyone know what the difference is. The gus sailing them said there was no shortage of these.

not sure if we're talking about thesame thing - i've seen CCI primers packaged in a plain white carton marked as military spec for (I believe) the M16. my understanding is that they had a harder cup specifically to prevent against slam fires in ar rifles (or any rifle with a floating pin for that matter). Can't recall if they were marketed as 5.56 primers or the packaging referenced the M16 actually. My $.02...

Jared

not sure if we're talking about thesame thing - i've seen CCI primers packaged in a plain white carton marked as military spec for (I believe) the M16. my understanding is that they had a harder cup specifically to prevent against slam fires in ar rifles (or any rifle with a floating pin for that matter). Can't recall if they were marketed as 5.56 primers or the packaging referenced the M16 actually. My $.02...

Jared

That sounds like what they where in a plain white box.

If they are the White Box CCI #41 5.56MM MILITARY PRIMERS , yes I have used them with no ill effects. The gun shop where i bought them stated that they were specifically made for the 5.56 with a hard cup to prevent slamfires. Loaded and shot several hundred without problem.

not sure if we're talking about the same thing - i've seen CCI primers packaged in a plain white carton marked as military spec for (I believe) the M16. my understanding is that they had a harder cup specifically to prevent against slam fires in ar rifles (or any rifle with a floating pin for that matter). Can't recall if they were marketed as 5.56 primers or the packaging referenced the M16 actually. My $.02...

Jared

They are marked 5.56 primers CCI #41 on the boxes I have, and yes they are harder than regular CCI primers. They functioned just fine for me in a CMMG M4.