Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dual Belt System?

C Sims

I'm going to shoot L10 next year with most of my IDPA gear:

Kimber .45

Wilson Combat Tactical Assault holster (this will do till I can switch to a "race" style)

Kydex mag pouches

That said my question is in regards to the belt. I currently use a Wilderness Tactical 1 1/2" belt which I really like for IDPA.

For USPSA I'm looking at the CR speed belts and seems like it would be pretty nice to just leave the holster and pouches all on the belt and take the belt off and on.

Will my holster and pouches stay put or do I have to have some special holster and pouches to work with these Dual belt systems (inner and outer belt)?

Which belt would you recommend, the CR Speed, Safarilland, or ......?

Thanks......

The CR Speed belt is great. I use it for both my open and prod. rigs. My Wilson practical holster stays put, no widgets required. I use Uncle mikes mag pouches for prod. and they work finewith the belt, too

The CR speed is very firm, and the soft side goes on the inside belt, so no stickiness on car seats, etc.

Max Michel carries them in his store at maxmichel.com

SA

Chad,

Although the above link that was provided pretty much covers it, I'll throw this in anyway. The CR Speed belt is indeed a great choice, I added a little velcro on the inside of my holster and mag pouches (KY-Tac) just to keep them in place when putting the rig on and taking it off.

regards,

Todd

I got a tip from Bucky and Duane (in a post about Safairland 771's moving) - about putting skateboard tape on the inside surface of the mag holders, then putting them on. They don't move at all, and there's nothing to come loose - very cheap - and you probably have some already