Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversion Kits on Elite Match

Greetings,

I am new to the Tanfoglio product line but plan to purchase an Elite Match 45 and a 10mm conversion kit. The EAA site lists various conversion kits for the witness steel product line but nothing for their elite match series. So I guess the conversion kits are really for their steel product line. Has anyone experienced any problem with a steel conversion kit on an Elite Match? Can you specify a match barrel when ordering? What are the disadvantages of using conversion kits? Safety precautions? Accuracy? Loose Fitting?

Or, would I be better served purchasing a witness steel series pistol/conversion kit combo for safety and compatibility reasons? BTW, I have a budget amount of $700.00 to spend.

Thanks In Advance!

Carolina Shooter,

The conversion kits will work for ANY model including Limited, Hunter, Match, Steel etc.

They may not look or match some of the models the best, but they all have the same slide to barrel to frame specifications. Hardly any fitting, but it's never a bad idea to have someone like Rich at canyoncreekcustom.com look it over to make sure the barrel is fitted correctly.

I have a standard full size, steel Witness I bought in .38 Super. I then purchased conversion kits in .22, 9mm, and .40 caliber. Then all worked wonderfully, with only the .22 being a bit picky about ammo (but most .22 semi-autos are). I was amazed that the 9mm, .38, and .40 "uppers" all shot directly to point of aim and never jammed in any way.

I purchased a Witness Match a few weeks ago. It was in .40 and I've shot it as it came out of the box and with my 9mm conversion. Both are terrific!

If I were you, I would buy the Match and the conversion kit you want and never look back!

Good luck!

Match013.jpg

I bought a standard full size round top 9mm conversion kit to go with my match 40 . Cleaneed everthing will wife drove to a monday night match .Walked in with loaded clips and slid the upper on and shoot the match . Never looked back. Another upside is gun shoots to P.O.A. unlike the adjustables.