Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Elite Stock Failure

GreySmoke

Nearing the end of my first range visit with my new Witness Elite Stock, the trigger was getting a bit sloppy. I attributed it to having sent 220 or so rounds of .45acp through it. When I got home I field stripped the gun to clean it, which by the way was very dirty (Remington FMJ and JHP from WW). As I was reassemblying, the slide went on fine but I was unable to rack the slide or pull the trigger. As I was examining the gun the mag release fell out of the gun and I was now able to get the slide off again. The retaining pin in the mag release was gone I assume it fell out at the range somewhere. The trigger plunger was turned sideways and the trigger bar was getting hung up on it. I reajusted everything and its back together, using Hennings diagrams to be sure everything was in the correct place. I'm now waiting for a new retaining pin. I'm not real impressed with the Quality of this $800 gun. Suggestions anyone?

Edited by GreySmoke

If the mag release fell out then the shaft on the end of the trigger bar plunger assembly has broken off. You will need to get the plunger assembly replaced. Since this is a new gun, send it back to EAA for repair.

If the mag release fell out then the shaft on the end of the trigger bar plunger assembly has broken off. You will need to get the plunger assembly replaced. Since this is a new gun, send it back to EAA for repair.

The plunger turned sideways and was released from under the trigger bar

Can you take some pic's of the failure mode/parts and post them up so we can better understand the issue?

I have not messed with an EAA Stock pistol, but on all of the other EAA pistols I have worked with (Limited, Match, Gold Team) the plunger would have to of broken at the bottom in order for the mag release to come out without first taking out the trigger bar along with the plunger assembly.

It makes sense to me if the bottom portion of the plunger shaft broke off, allowing the mag release to come out and then the plunger would be able to drop down far enough to screw up the plunger head to trigger bar interface (turn sideways).

If you take the parts out and take pictures of them it should be obvious to pin point what the failure mode is.