Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Country Folks

GIO

Well..me and the wife were out in rural Iowa looking at a house and we had a bit of a problem...but it could have been worse without the help of some nice people.

We had a huge snowstorm/blizzard out here in the big square states and it got pretty deep in spots. We were driving on a rural back road that had been plowed (kinda) by a local farmer. The plowing made the road nice and even. Unknown to me it also lightly filled in the 3 foot deep ditches on either side of the road. Well...I tried to do a turn around to get a better look at the property and my SUV went nose first into the snow filled hole. Back wheels in the Air and the wife in my ear I knew I was stuck. I jumped out, bundled up and started walking up the road. Along came a young man named Dakota, his Brother and Dad. They were out doing their chores, feeding cattle, etc. They jumped out and took a look at things. Before I knew it they were under my truck hooking up a strap. Their pickup couldn't get me loose so they went home and came back with a tractor. A few minutes later we were on our way.

Anyway, it was nice to see good old fashioned decent people going out of there way for a stranger. I found their address on-line and the wife baked some goodies to send their way but I owe the country folks for getting me out of a pickle.